Standards for maintaining human dignity
- Sex tourism, drug trafficking, human trafficking, and exploitation of child labour are not tolerated or supported explicitly or implicitly.
- CBT activities promote gender equity and social inclusion.
- CBT initiatives build the capacity for disadvantaged members of the community to appropriately benefit from tourism (this includes identifying roles for youth and the aged).
- CBT activities contribute to improving community access to basic services (water, sanitation, energy, education, health).
Standards for equitable sharing of benefits and costs
- Clear and agreed benefit sharing arrangements exist.
- A community development fund exists that is used for initiatives benefiting the whole community.
- A process exists for equal opportunities in income generating activities.