Different organization and management structures suit different CBT operations and contexts :
- The CBT management team must be comprised of skilled and motivated people who understand the need for transparency, equity, and accountability.
- CBT ventures need to comply with and seek to exceed local standards for tourism management. Each aspect of the operation should be subject to continuous quality control mechanisms.
- All CBT stakeholders should be aware of the legal and institutional environment in which the CBT is operating and develops a system of monitoring and responding to regulatory change.
- Successful CBT operations plan for the long-term and increase their resilience by managing for change over time e.g. tourist expectations and impacts, and emergency situations.
- CBT ventures should build monitoring and evaluation processes into all management systems, to enable the CBT to respond appropriately to tourist expectations and stakeholder needs and expectations.